Financier Worldwide compiled a Special Report on IP for its January 2019 issue, with articles from practitioners around the world on the topics of the day in copyright, trademark and patent law. Tara Aaron was pleased to be invited to contribute an article on the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office’s recently implemented program to audit trademarks during the renewal phase in order to ensure that trademarks are in fact being used on all the goods and services claimed. The audit program is likely to have a significant impact on the way trademark lawyers advise clients, particularly clients from outside the U.S. who are looking to protect brands within the United States.
- There’s Now Less to Hate Hate Hate About That Swift Decision
- Thai Jasmine Rice and Running Shoes: A Tale of Two Trademark Injunctions
- If You Hated Hated Hated That Swift Decision, Walk and Talk Over to This Decision
- You Should Hate Hate Hate This Swift Decision
- Adventures in Drafting: Making Sure You Own the Rights You’re Trying to Enforce
#isitfairuse? #onlinemusicseries Amazon anonymity Apple BitTorrent cases civil procedure consumer consumer-technology disconnect contributory infringement copyright copyright ownership digital content distribution right DMCA expression-idea dichotomy fair use file-sharing First Amendment first sale free speech Google Grooveshark internet licensing market dynamics music Oracle originality parody photography privacy ReDigi safe-harbor secondary liability software statutory damages streaming substantial similarity testimonial trademark trademark registration transformative use Vernor YouTube