It’s a busy week for Rick and Tara, speaking at the Arts and Business Council on Monday, and at the Tennessee Bar Association ‘s Law Tech 2012 un-conference today. Tara is headed downtown to join a group of lawyers discussing the newest technological gadgets and how lawyers can use them best, but her talk is going to be a bit different, focusing on the well-known SOPA and PIPA bills that kept us all so busy last month. We haven’t really sat down and talked them through with lawyers, so it will be interesting to get their thoughts. Tara will report back soon!
- You Should Hate Hate Hate This Swift Decision
- Adventures in Drafting: Making Sure You Own the Rights You’re Trying to Enforce
- California Releases Proposed Regulations for Consumer Privacy Act
- Tara Aaron presents “Data Privacy: New Challenges for the Pharma Industry and Their Brands” in Berlin
- Getting Sloshed: A Controversy About “Controversy”
#isitfairuse? #onlinemusicseries Amazon anonymity Apple BitTorrent cases civil procedure consumer consumer-technology disconnect contributory infringement copyright copyright ownership digital content distribution right DMCA expression-idea dichotomy fair use file-sharing First Amendment first sale free speech Google Grooveshark internet licensing market dynamics music Oracle originality parody photography privacy ReDigi safe-harbor secondary liability software statutory damages streaming substantial similarity testimonial trademark trademark registration transformative use Vernor YouTube