Tara’s webinar “Content Wars: A History of the Recent Battles Between Owners and Users of Intellectual Property” is now available. Tara delivered the webinar to the Tennessee Bar Association on June 27th. The presentation covers the last fifteen years of the copyright law behind the lawsuits, legislation, and every new online content delivery service to come down the pike, as well as thoughts about where the fight between content owners and users might be headed next. One hour of general CLE credit is available in Tennessee. The cost is $45.00 for members of the Tennessee Bar Association and $65.00 for non-members – a great bargain for CLE or for anyone wanting to catch up on what’s been going on in copyright!
- You Should Hate Hate Hate This Swift Decision
- Adventures in Drafting: Making Sure You Own the Rights You’re Trying to Enforce
- California Releases Proposed Regulations for Consumer Privacy Act
- Tara Aaron presents “Data Privacy: New Challenges for the Pharma Industry and Their Brands” in Berlin
- Getting Sloshed: A Controversy About “Controversy”
#isitfairuse? #onlinemusicseries Amazon anonymity Apple BitTorrent cases civil procedure consumer consumer-technology disconnect contributory infringement copyright copyright ownership digital content distribution right DMCA expression-idea dichotomy fair use file-sharing First Amendment first sale free speech Google Grooveshark internet licensing market dynamics music Oracle originality parody photography privacy ReDigi safe-harbor secondary liability software statutory damages streaming substantial similarity testimonial trademark trademark registration transformative use Vernor YouTube